I am pleased to say I have dove into the online tutorials for the library tools in module one. I feel confident that the muddling around that I did using database searches for my undergraduate studies, was in fact the correct thing to be doing. They are extensive with massive results for each search, and I learnt a few new tricks to manipulate searches in order to narrow results.
I also am the proud owner of an EBSCOhost account, with my very own folder to save articles in for later reference. These little steps are the ones that I have been afraid of, and the lack of such progress over the last 5 years or so is the leading factor in why I have become a technophobe!
So hello to week one of semester one, 2012. I am truly looking forward to conquering my technical deficiencies through study. Bring it on!